Re: Last Two Albums

>Look, this is getting old and I know it's a matter of personal taste but you
>left off the GOOD SONG list from WAY "New Song" and "Had Enough" and you
>consider GOOD songs on IH to be "It's Your Turn", "Cooks County", "A Man Is A
>Man" and "Cry If You Want."  I find this amazing so I guess we just don't see
>eye-to-eye.  Maybe that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla.

JJM:

Could be. I like performance, lyrics, and the something extra that means the
song is by The Who and not any other band...something no one else can do. I
don't think New Song is very good (sounds like Pete was musically parodying
himself) and Had Enough just kinda drags...then there's the strings, which
dilute the song and aren't needed.
It's You Turn has great lyrics (and sure, Rog is hoarse...as he is in Had
Enough), Cooks County is just pure Who, and the other two have great messages.

>As to your response "means nothing" to many of the points I've raised in
>favor of WAY over IH I would say this: Yes, no one point I have made, in my
>last posting or the previous ones, proves my case but taken in their totality
>the add up to a impressive body of evidence where all you havereally done is
>cite the record sales of IH.

Not true at all! I cite the better performance, the better lyrics, and so on.
And if your points fall one by one, they add up to nothing.

>Does it really mean nothing to find only
>"Eminence Front" on ANY of the various compilations/ greatest hits albums?

Who do you think picks the songs for a compilation, anyway? The record
company, that's who. Now we're talking about MCA...the most incompetent
record company this side of the monkey house. I told you why only EF was on
the boxed set: licensing fees. It's the same reason that there's no Warner
Brothers album material on WHO'S LAST (which was released by MCA).

>I still don't know what you mean by IH enjoys "a better performance."  I
>agree with Daltrey: "I'll take a bum note and a bead of sweat over (the
>perfect performance) any time."  To me WAY offered a glimmer of the old fire
>of the band: Pete's signature power chords, primal screams, raw energy and
>although Moon was just a shell of his former self, half a Moon will always
>equal at least one K. Jones.

Bum notes and sweat are fine for a live performance, but we're talking about
the studio here. I mean by "a better performance": a stronger, more
balanced, more professional performance by a top level band, as opposed to a
lurching, hit and miss performance as on WAY.

                   Cheers                   ML