Re: IH < WAY, Tis True

>Mark,
>
>> (it's been said before, and better, by The Byrds). Love Is Coming Down is
>> pathetic. The demo sounds better (which is true of all of the WAY demos I've
>> heard). LICD should have been a Townshend solo song, or barring that he
>> should have been the singer. Guitar And Pen had potential, but is overblown
>
>Funny how opinions about certain songs can differ so much, Love Is Coming
>Down is one of my favorites...

Luke:

It's not so much the song itself (as is the case with many WAY songs, and FD
songs for that matter), it's the execution. As I said, has Pete been the
singer or if it had been a solo song, I think it would have been fine.
Daltrey just doesn't quite carry it off...it's like he's trying too hard.

                   Cheers                   ML