Pete @ Supper Club 5/3/96

Well... it was an interesting experience... It was nice having so many
"listers" there... I saw: Stacey, PDooger, BillB, Mason, JohnB, Matt, BruceK,
LarryL, LisaG, DianneH, MartyS, Garym (small m), SteveM, Mark, Joel, the
McMullens, DaveM, JeffW & even AlanM... (I hope I didn't forget anyone...)

Anyway, at about 5:00PM there was already a LINE, which apparently was there at
4:00PM (doors actually opened at 7:00PM)... As the doors opened, most everyone
made a b-line to the stage and we all got "packed" like sardines (so be it...)
however, there was Pete (eventually) as large as life...

Before Pete came on, we were subjected to Bob Mould (it could have easily been
"Mud", "Mold", "Shit", "Piss" or...) Boy did he suck!!! What a waste of f-king
time! Everyone one of his piss-poor songs sounded the same. What we got was
this shaved head sweating dick, moaning into the mike, playing the guitar hard
for about 45 minutes. I was very happy to scream out, "YOU SUCK!" "BLOW ME!"
and "EAT MY SHIT!" as I considered this the WORST opening act I've ever heard.
He putzed around for about 45 mintues, before finally leaving... Unfortunately,
after he wasted our time, Bobby Pridden had to come out and "fix" things again
and about a half hour went by before Pete came out...

Pete... was in fine form.  A little overdressed (dress shirt & jacket), but
took the jacket off somewhere after he was getting a bit hot up there... A
great show, talkative as reported in San Fransico and mostly the same set
list... He didn't do "Embraceable You" (I didn't mind) and he did sneak "Young
Man Blues" in the middle of the other Mose Allison song, "If You Live" (???) or
whatever it's called... He ended the set with "Baby Don't You Do It"/"Magic
Bus", going into both songs as he felt like it... He then came out for a single
encore of "Love Reign O'er Me"...

I was happy with the diverse song selection, but it would have been nice if he
played, "Lazy Fat People" or, something equally as good & "obscure" from his
demo catalogue...

Therewere "Psychoderelict" t-shirts & hats for sale at a small table near the
coat check. $15 each...

And, last but not least... if you're thinking about taking pictures or
recording the show... WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL... There were 2 very large
gentlemen (I'm sure there were smaller ones too--I just didn't see any) who
were "grabbing people" and taking things... One guy in front of me got "hauled
away". Bad for him, but good for the people who wanted to move closer...

-wf