trivia answer and true confessions

The album that kept Quad from #1?

It was for at least a couple weeks, Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

"Dark Side Of The Moon", released in February, peaked at #1 earlier in the
year

This was Billboard, of course.  I do recall seeing stores with Quad as #1 in
their displays.
Did anyone else have a fit when they saw Quad filed with the Quadrophonic
records??  I thought the packaging made it quite clear it was in stereo.  I
used to put them back in the Who section.

Remember chart position doesn't always correlate with sales...I have bought
at least 20 copies of Who's Next since 1971-vinyl,tape,CD.  A lot of them
were gifts, but most were for me hoping for yet another sonic improvement.  I
have heard of this occurring with fans of other bands, like the Todd Rundgren
fan who had eight identical copies of "A Wizard, A True Star".  He said he
kept buying it because he knew he was going to get an album he loved.

I am curious about other fans' memoribilia collections.  The room I'm in has
3-1/2 walls covered with posters, album covers, banners, magazine covers,
etc. I've collected over the last 25 years or so.  My favorite:  The Hard
Rock Cafe menu with JAE's autograph, with picture of the two of us together
next to it.  (Available in jpg format if anyone is interested).  I also have
a glass RD drank out of from the same event.  Talk about fanatic!
That's all for now.

                                                 John

"Why do I have to be different from them, just to earn the respect of a dance
hall friend?"