Pete at HOB

     >> From: ODOOLEaol.com

     >>The PT HOB review in the 5/1 Hollywood reporter references Mr. T
     >>talking about his "soon to be ex-wife" at the HOB show.  I was at
     >>the 9:00 p.m. show.

     >>Unless I missed something during a roar or cackle from an
     >>irreverent drunken loser, I don't recall PT referring to his wife
     >>becoming an ex.

     >>I do remember him saying he has been married only once and how that
     >>was odd to admit in California.  This was during his intro to Legal
     >>Matter I believe.

     >>Anyway, I was just curious about this.  If anyone can shed any
     >>light, please do.

     I was also at the HOB for the 9:00 show. We must have been standing
     close to each other.  I was also 10 feet away from Pete at the front
     (guy w/ black X-files t-shirt).  Both my wife and I picked up on his
     comments about his marriage.  He didn't say that he has been married
     only once, what he said was "I was married once".  At the end of the
     show he also said something like:

      "we've solved the question of my marriage and my sexual preferences
     and above all, we've established that you like drinking a helluva lot
     more than me".

     Both my wife and I came away from the show with questions about his
     marriage.  I came away thinking it was an open question, she came away
     convinced that he was divorced.

     Another point that no one has mentioned about the HOB show. It was
     probably the most intimate show that Pete has ever done.  He talked
     about Meher Baba and how Baba was still important in his life.  He
     briefly showed a medallion related to Baba to the crowd which was
     hanging around his neck, but tucked inside of his shirt and then went
     on to say that the next song is a song about prayer.  He then said
     that he felt that all music was a form of prayer.  That next song that
     he played was Parvardigar.

     Someone else mentioned how loud and ill behaved the crowd was.  What
     I'll never forget is in the middle of one of his songs (I don't
     remember which one it was) he was bantering with the keyboardist and
     seemed more relaxed than at any point of the show.  Unfortunately at
     that moment, some jerk threw out his cap and hit Pete in the head!
     Pete jerked his head back, obviously not knowing if it was a bottle or
     something, then realized it was just a cap and kept playing, but the
     mood was completely broken.

     That whole selfish, out of touch attitude of the crowd really reminds
     me of the postings I've seen on this list the last week or so.  The
     racial comments, and e-mail trashings have nothing to do with what
     this list should be about.  It makes me wonder if this is just an
     "East Coast thing" or the result of what happens when a group of
     juveniles get older without growing up.  Why can't you look at
     somebody like Pete and realize that it's time to get a life?