Re: Who racism? I don't think so...

Matt, re:

> but I think your comments regarding fan's (fans, sorry), in this group
beign "offended" by Who lyrics that could be racist are way off the mark.
Your comment regarding Keith on LAL saying "The Black Raper" doesn't even
have anything to do with race.

They may, and they may not. Keith's not alive to ask him what he meant.
However, my point was that if you're going to interpert my comments as being
"racist", then throw these into the pile as well... BTW, you kinda passed
right over the "White City" like of "A black violent place if I remember the
game..." Personally, I give the benefit of the doubt to Pete. Does he mean,
"dark and dingy" or, is he referring to the majority of the population, which
are black people originally from the British "colonies"??? I'd say probably
the latter, but, that doesn't mean he's racist, either.

>>Also regarding STNG and blacks on the show...You know more about it than I
do, although for the sake of arguement I suppose one could point to DS-9 and
the fact that there is a black captain of the whole station. Not that I want
to get into a Star Trek debate w/you, but what ever point you were trying to
make about black roles on STNG are dubious in light of the roles blacks have
on 2 direct spinoffs (DS-9 and Voyager), well, DS-9 at least.

Don't you think it was "funny" that when DS9 first started, Sisco wasn't a
"captain", but a "commander". And, not of a Star Ship, but a broken down
dirty, space station. BTW, they placed a "black person" in the role, because
of pressure from the fans to see a black person in a permanent leadership
role. They did the same thing for Voyager, with a woman (notice how she
started as a captain?) but too bad she walks like she has a stick up her <Bev
Crusher> and talks like she's letter air out of a balloon. As for "blacks on
Voyager", again, Tuvok is an ALIEN. However, unlike TNG, he's got a chair!

>>Your generalization about his total judgement ability based on one decision
that he seeked help on is an indication that in fact you are the one who is
showing poor judgement by overgeneralizing.
One poor decision doesn't mean someone has poor judgement.

I disagree. I make decisions all day which affect the health & welfare of my
company and all it's employees. How people make decisions is always an
interesting study . I rarely see people who consistently make good decisions,
make bad ones, especially when it comes to "no brainers". Sometimes things
don't work out the way they are intended and that may stem from poor
exectution vs "bad decisions". If my mother-in-law were to offer me her 300E
for $50, I wouldn't have to ask anyone, anything. The only words out of my
mouth would be, "SOLD!" If I had to solicit opinions on the same, I would
question whether I was having a nervous breakdown or some other "problem".

>> However multiple poor decisions (i.e. making inflammatory racial remarks,
defending oneself with inappropriate and unrelated evidence of similar views
on tv shows and song lyrics, overgeneralization of someone else's
personality) start to show an alarming trend...

"Multiple poor decisions"??? hMMM... how so? Apparently you are very
confused. If you think my "goal" is to win a "popularity" contest, then
you're absolutely right. (hint: that's not my goal.) I will say this about
that... Pay closer attention to how I interact with people on the list. Most
of the people and I have no problem (other than an occasional disagreement)
and that "song will remain the same"... However, then you have the "moral
minoirty" or the "holier than thou..." bunch, who somehow think all of "this"
(whatever "this" actually is....) is more important than it actually is and
take EVERYTHING (especially themselves) way too seriously. The next thing you
know, they start some petty fight, make a personal attack or whatever and
then I aim both "barrels" at them and BOOM! The whole thing is incredibly
ridiculous, sometimes sad, sometimes funny and other times downright
pathetic.

It would be nice if we were all on the same wavelength here, but that ain't
ever going to happen. If "some" people would accept things as they are as
opposed to how they would like things to be, they would find themselves
happier campers...

As for "alarming trends", I see none. As I said, all "this" ain't all that
important. If someone wants to "express" themselves in a personal way, they
have to be prepared to "expose" themselves at the same time. If their
argument or plea isn't well thoughtout, they run the risk of showing everyone
their little "pee-pee". And if people (including myself) laugh, that's just
life. Hopefully, this thread will continue long enough for everyone to have
their 'say', get it out of their systems and return back to...

THE WHO

Hope this helps...

-wf