Re: Hootie

>Hi all,
>    I was just watching TV and I saw something truly offensive.
>Forget this racism stuff, this is worse.  There have been
>commercials running for Hootie & the Blowfish's new CD.  During the
>commercial, the announcer guy says "not Who, its Hootie."  When he
>says this, the word Who pops up on the screen with a red circle
>around it with a red diagonal line through it.  This pissed me off.
>Although, maybe they are recognizing the fact that they will only be
>a second rate band and never have the stature and ability of The Who.
>Anyway, thought you all should know.

Christian:

Oooh! I'm in SC, you know. Home of Hootie. I suppose I should stand up for
them, eh? And actually I didn't play the CD all of the time (and never
listen to the radio except for Stern) so I never got sick of it. Not like
Two Princes etc.
I would say this: H & BF probably have no idea about that ad. So don't blame
them...they're actually nice guys (I have friends who are friends...I could
meet them, if I really wanted to...but I don't, really). Local boys made
good. I don't see them with the type of attitude you're assuming they have.
No, it would be either the record company or management who are responsible
for that ad.
Are they even in the same league as The Who? Of course not; no one is. I
think they would be the first to admit that.
"Nah, we-uns ain't every gonna be as bag as The Whooo. But...we have sole
more El Pees."
(just a programing note here: that was one of the three white guys in the
band. OK?)

                   Cheers                   ML