Re: Here We Go Again + extraSun Dec 7 14:20:00 PST 1997

Kenny wrote:
>I'm almost to the point where I'd prefer to 'surf' the Who pages than see
this garbage...

	Well, I think this is the whole point. Skip that which you don't want to
read. Mr. Fang has made it quite clear in this flame war and the previous
flame war that he doesn't care what you think about him or what you think
about what he posts. He doesn't care if he 'upsets' someone else and he is
only rarely 'wrong'.  As the resident list-geek he is known for posting at
length wether it's necessary or not, asked for or not, or informative or
not and he enjoys flaming and verbal jousting. He uses this list for his
public ego/johnson rubbing and cares not a whit what anyone thinks. The
best way
to deal with his posts (and any other boring/offensive posts or threads)
is to use your mail reader to filter these posts to the trash from the
start. By doing this, I never see wf's posts, (his being endlessly
requoted is plenty enough), and it generally makes the list a lot
friendlier
and A LOT quicker to read!
	Extra: I think someone mentioned that WW1 is notorious for cutting
gigs to 75 min. Well, most of the newer WW1 radio pieces I've traded and
sold were on CD. So 75 min. makes sense. The record box sets were cool.
The banded copies with intros and outros inserts of the ads going into the
music were nice reference sheets. I've never seen a Who set, plenty of
Foreigner type stuff and a lot of Yes and Moody Blues, but no Who stuff,
though I will definitely be on the lookout for these Pete sets. I'm still
looking for the REM set that was recorded from Orlando on the Green tour.
	The newest Bob Mould stuff is getting a right slagging in the press. I
don't think its turning out to be what people were hoping for. The four
track single is a loud wall of sound, I think people were hoping for
another Workbook. The big buzz right now is on the Richard Thompson new CD
You? Me? Us? - anyone checking this out set out - more doom and gloom to
me... I'd like to know what kind of set Bob plays opening for Pete.
	Also, is the Kids Are Alright soundtrack going to be remixed/remastered?
What about the film? High time to fix that eh?
	Eddie isn't 'viola' a frenchy ta daa! term? ;) Presley