Re: Before I Get Older...Sun Dec 7 14:19:39 PST 1997

On Wed, 1 May 1996 22:46:31 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>Watch that accent, my friend. It looks a mite lyke a Saw-thern one to mah. I
>might hafta tay-ke oh-fense. Them's fighten werds.

TODAY'S SOUTHERN WORDS OF THE DAY
---------------------------------

TAR - noun.  A rubber wheel.
Usage: "Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh doesn't
        git a flat tar in my pickup truck."

TIRE - noun. A tall monument.
Usage: "Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I sure do hope
        to see that Eifel Tire in Paris sometime."

Take care,

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"John Connally's conversion to the GOP raised the intellectual
level of both parties." Frank Mankiewicz