Wild West/Wild Fang

Who/Wild West thing:
Of all the tunes the Who ever put out, the one that best captured the
spirit of the Wild West was, IMO, Dogs, Pt. 2.  Something very wild and
hoe-downy in the whole thing.  Although I can see the "soon be home" line
in AQO as a reminder of the West.

By the way, does anyone know the particular reason that Dogs, Pt. 2 was
chosen as the B-side to Pinball Wizard?
-------------------------------
Note:  what follows below is not related to the Who in any way.
On Wed, 1 May 1996 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Levelor, re: (you don't sell blinds, do you?)
>
> >I won't mention the inexplicable quotes around "you", but it does seem
> >that in your cute little value system, the worth of a person's opinions
> >is directly related to how much they post to the list.  That does explain
> >why you constantly post trash to the list--wouldn't want your self-worth
> >to fall, now, would we.
>
> For a Harvard boy, you're pretty stupid in the common sense department.
> Again, I'll take a moment to explain the obvious to you (something that
> perhaps you can't learn by reading a book)...

Thank you, omniscient one.  As for books, how about Who records?

> A person who posts nothing to the list, then simply posts, "I'm deeply
> offended by this..." offers no context, no meaning, no emotion, or more
> directly, "no nothing". If I've said something that's interpreted as
> "offensive" to someone else, do you really think a "one liner" from a
> complete stranger is going to shed any light on the matter?

If you need that much emotional context to understand that several people
misunderstood your statement, fine.  Perhaps, rather than bring up their
past indiscretions, you could clear up the misunderstanding.  It's the
price you pay for having to maintain primacy in the Who list among idiots
like us.

> BTW, what YOU consider "trash", other people may "value". Unfortunately,
> you've repeatedly demonstrated that your opinion is worthless via your inane
> attempt to "control" and censure my dialogue.

I won't attempt to address the ingrammaticality of the last sentence; and
I challenge you to put forth one 'attempt' to control your spewings; I
have indeed censured your postings, but I have made no attempts to
censor them, nor do I have any plans to do so in the future.  And besides,
what YOU may consider my 'worthless' opinion, other people may value.

> Am I supposed to take your
> repeated e-mail of "QUIT POSTING THIS STUFF TO THE LIST!!!" seriously?

You're not supposed to do anything.  However, when a whole bunch of
people ask you to stop posting non-Who-related material to the Who list,
you might consider listening to them.  I'm going to give you the benefit
of the doubt and say that you did consider it, but decided against it;
after all, what do we morons know...

> In order for me to respect your opinion, I need to respect you first.

How do I earn brownie points?

> You're
> like a little child throwing a tantrum when you don't get your way. That fact
> that "seeing things you don't want to see" (hiding from life?) disturbs you
> is just too bad. I do believe life will go on...

The only little kid here is you--you know, the little kid who must have
all the toys.

The only value of the Who mailing list to me is entertainment, and I'd
love to get the most entertainment for my time--hence my requests to
keep what I consider trash but what you and unidentified others value
off the mailing list; but if you think that an e-mail list is something
that has the power to disturb, you've got problems.

> BTW, one day you'll graduate school (maybe) and you'll be forced to realize
> that there's a whole world out there that YOU are totally unprepared for.
> Just think, all kinds of different people expressing different ideas right to
> YOUR face. Some of these people may even be your boss and hold power over
> you... If you can't deal with this (and all this is NOTHING), you have many
> rocky roads ahead...

No, really?  And I thought the world revolved around me, and everyone
agreed with me completely on every single question.  Oops...

Note that throughout your message, you make numerous assumptions about
what I think and who I am, based on evidence that is at best spurious and
in truth non-existent.

I have made no such assumptions, and all that I, along with about 30
other members of this mailing list have asked of you, is civility.

> BTW, my "value system" is just fine (maybe one day you'll develop one...) I'm
> providing you with a "free" education...

Why do you feel the need to defend your value system from attacks by someone
you don't respect?

Anyways, thanks for the education.

--LP.