Re: Before I Get Older...

>In the case of the blues, it is different since the blues was never
>marketed to a specific demographic group the way pop/rock was and still
>is, and of course B.B. King never wrote "Hope I die before I get old"

Shane:

Classic Rock is the Blues of the `90s. It's almost the same situation,
too...young people getting into it while it's not the "cutting edge" music
of the time. The cutting edge music is based on it, though...a lot of
similarities.
Of course, the marketing is quite different...because someone figured out
how much money could be made. That may be the largest legacy of The Beatles...

>What I would think would be really funny would be Pete rereleasing My
>Generation on his next album or performing it in concert & changing the
>words to something like: "Things they do seem awful wise;  Hope I get old
>before I dies"

Watch that accent, my friend. It looks a mite lyke a Saw-thern one to mah. I
might hafta tay-ke oh-fense. Them's fighten werds.

I always sing the line: "Hope they die/Before I get old..." It works for me,
and besides...that's how I feel.

                   Cheers                   ML