H.O.B., L.A. 9:00 pm Show

Wow,

I've had 36 hours to reflect and admittedly sober up a bit,
were do you start !.  I guess at the begining, I got there about
7:20 picked up my tickets and and got in line.  Already there
were about 45 people were in front of me, but once they let
us in only about half of those people bee-lined directly to
the stage.  That left me and my buddy on the railing, in
front of the stage directly next to keyboard player and
7 feet to Pete !. The music was fantastic even though there
was a bit of technical problems on a few occasions.  Pete
looked a bit tired and old, but I guess we all will be when were
about to hit 51. It blew me away to see Pete wearing pretty hip
beach type sandles with no socks !.  I think the songs from
"Quad" and "Who came first" were excellent but there were no
disappointments. A touching moment came right before the
Gershwin song when Pete mention a little story about himself
and his Mom when he was just a few years old,  basically about
a little play on words that he and his Mom carried on back
and forth.   I had the opportunity to interact during the show
with Pete as much as I guess I'll ever have.  About half way into
the set, the stage attendant brought Pete another can of Coke at
which time Pete thanked "Kevin" for bringing it.  Of course I had to
chim in," is that Cousin Kevin"  Pete got a chuckle out of that.
Later on Pete mention that the song Slit skirts was in part about
"not being able to get it up"  At that time I yelled "not you Pete ! "
Again he chuckled and said "NO NOT ME" and then something to
the effect about "possibly some of us in the crowd had that problem".
Anyway that's about it, although I'm not a big collector of "Boots",
I pray that some of these shows make it to at least tape.

For those of you in New York, Cheers and enjoy

Dennis