Re: Before I Get Older...

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Mark Leaman wrote:

> I'm reminded of Blues musicians like John Lee Hooker, B.B. King, Elmore
> James, and so on...all of whom played or are playing all the way to the end.
> No reason why Pete can't do the same, is there?

I'm not saying Pete should pack it in at all, but I can see how there is
justification for he & his contemporaries being the butt of some
old-timers jokes, both in the media, and in the general public.

In the case of the blues, it is different since the blues was never
marketed to a specific demographic group the way pop/rock was and still
is, and of course B.B. King never wrote "Hope I die before I get old"

What I would think would be really funny would be Pete rereleasing My
Generation on his next album or performing it in concert & changing the
words to something like: "Things they do seem awful wise;  Hope I get old
before I dies"