Re: Comparing the Who's Next discs

Dave, re:

>I now have three different Who's Next CD's: (1) the original MCA disc,
>which actually wasn't all that bad, (reportedly) being remastered by Steve
>Hoffman from what MCA's Andy McKaie claimed in ICE was the original master

I'm not Jeffrey Dahmer, but...

Actually, that wasn't MCA's first "stab". The first one, which I heard and
avoided, I believe was made in Japan like all other MCA's first Who releases
and it had not only hiss, but an annoying hum! Then came another version (I
believe made in the USA), then the version which you're referring to as "the
original MCA disc". I agree that it sounds pretty good, much better than the
Polydor, which was never upgraded until the "remix/remaster"...

>>>and (4) why the hell does MCA keep lying about using the original
master tapes?

I don't think they are necessarily "lying", but sounds more like too many
hands in the pot, causing wrong information...

-wf