King Biscuit tapes to be released

I read in the Chicago Sun Times last Sunday that the King Biscuit Flower Hour
tapes are going to be released on CD in blocks of 5 to 6 over the next
year(s).  The Who and the Stones were mentioned for future releases, but I
can't recall any of the first releases due soon, which I believe will be on
Rhino Records.  Did any Who fans in the Chicago area read this?  It was in
the entertainment magazine-type insert.

I would assume this would the tapes from the 1973 Washington DC and
Philadelphia shows that comprise Tales from the Who and other boots of
similar titles and material.  Possibly the quality might be better, though
Tales is pretty faithful to my cassette tapes of a King biscuit rerun of the
Quad material and WGFA from those concerts.

This is definitely another example in the record industry releasing heavily
bootlegged material for legitimate release.  There's still hope that every
fan will have access to their favorite band's material, good, bad, or
otherwise.  Now, if we could just get the entire Tommy set for L@L, See Me
Feel Me gaff and all.  How bad could it be, Rog?

Tom Davis
Champaign, IL Tommy here in April at the U of I Assembly Hall