Re: FW: and a bit more...

In a message dated 96-03-27 01:43:44 EST, MaryAnneShakyHand@msn.com (Amira
Boctor) writes:

>Capitol did a hell of job when they started re-issuing the McCartney
catalog,
>although the music in his solo career isn't all top notch...
>And I don't know just what the new Who stuff is like, but the Ryko releases
>of David Bowie's career are spectacular.  Those are the best CD reissues
that
>I have in my collection.

responding slightly less late than the last few:
I think the McCartney catalog has undergone at least a small revision since
its original transferrence to CD...the first editions of "Band On The Run"
didn't have the (admittedly lightweight) track, "Helen Wheels." Just caught a
recent copy, which has the full track selection, restorede to its early
1970's glory..."Heleeeen, Helleeen, Wheeellllssss....
So it goes.
    I've also been picking up the Rykodisc Bowies lately...anyone else out
there find more than one defective (off center so bloody bad the disc won't
boot) copy of "Ziggy..."?
Y'all keep the faith...
J Stotts