Re: John gets a second job?

In a message dated 96-03-29 12:19:22 EST, amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree)
writes:

>On p. 56 of the April '96 "Reason" magazine, there is a mention of the
>6,000-member San-Francisco-based Cannabis Buyer's Club, whose volunteer
>coordinator is given as:  John Entwistle!
>
>Anyone in the area care to give 'em a call (it said they were on Market
>Street, just a few blocks from City Hall) and check whether this is really
>his name, or whether a reporter's leg was being pulled :-)?

Welcome to San Francisco politics.  The progressive city of San Francisco
allows this "club" to operate in order to supply cannabis to people with AIDS
who use it to relieve the pain of certain medications, etc.

However, outside of this great city, "higher" officials (state and federal)
think this is evil and close it down every couple of weeks or months.  So, I
think this week it is closed.

Not that I would know ANY of these things but I have heard that the cannabis
at the club is quite good!

Stay young and stay high...
-Gordie