Re: Live Set

>I'm not bothered, am I?<, but you know what I mean! TOMMY from `69-70 was
an entirely different animal than the `89 one...back then, it was just the
band and they had to fill the "gaps" themselves...and oh how they filled
them.

Personally, I liked the '89 Tommy, but I found myself continuing to wish that
some of the "extra" people, as in the back-up singers, one of the two
drummers, that weird looking guitarist guy etc. etc. would just, go away. I
was glad to see the Who in such fine form, but that's all I really wanted to
see. In watching it yet another time, I couldn't help but wish that all of
those other people would suddenly and inexplicably be unplugged, and I would
be left watching...the Who. A little closer to the "animal" of '69-70...

And while I'm at it, I think Pete never sounded better than he did playing a
Gibson SG through Hiwatt amps.

Athena