Re: QUAD news in the April ICE

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996 Bogie3200@aol.com wrote:

> >There's a song called 'Wizardry,' one called 'Bank Holiday'...and a couple
> more.
> >
> >"Andy [McPherson] and I are almost done with it and it sounds great. Pete's
> over the
> >moon with it; he's been ordering [reference CDs] from me to give away to
> friends."
>
> The news about bonus tracks is great.  I can understand not adding any to
> Tommy because that's such a famous album, but Quad is very much overlooked by
> comparison (according to a DJ on the radio today) so attaching bonus tracks
> wouldn't be viewed by quite as many people as tampering with a masterpiece.

I'm not the Queen of England, but I think that had less to do with
tampering with a masterpiece than a rather simple question of not having
enough space on the CD to bother with bonus tracks.  The most they could
have added would have added could've been a 3-minute song or so, and that
would have been pretty pointless.  "Remastered!--with Bonus Track!"  I'm
not even sure there's anything they have that they could have added.

--LP.