Chris Welch Book

     Okay, I got bored waiting for someone else to e-mail in, so I thought
     I'd note that I'm reading "Teenage Wasteland: The Early Who" book by
     Chris Welch, who wrote for Melody Maker in the 60's and 70's.  The
     book is good at firsthand accounts of early Who concerts and what it
     was like to hear The Who in their earliest days.  But couldn't Welch
     afford a fact checker?  He's got "I Can't Explain" coming out in 1964
     and "Tommy" premiering at Ronnie Scott's in 1968 (and Welch was
     there!)  I would recommend it, but those of you who are Who history
     novices, don't rely on it for info.