Re: Some Weekend-after notesSun Dec 7 13:22:25 PST 1997

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 09:41:04 -0500, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>>On Mon, 25 Mar 1996 15:26:21 -0500, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I'd say that Hendrix was heavily influenced by The Who and Clapton.
>>>Townshend influenced by Hendrix? Maybe, a little...Relax is the only cut I
>>>can think of that could possibly.
>>
>>I don't know which way this goes, since I do not have WF's
>>encyclopaedic grasp of recording dates, etc., but Jaguar has a rhythm
>>riff from Pete that sounds to me like pure Hendrix.  But who came
>>first (as it were)?
>
>Kevin:
>
>Jaguar I didn't think of, since it wasn't on the original release. Thinking
>about it, I can't really say that it reminds me of Hendrix...but it is
>vintage Who. The same thing they were doing in `65.

I don't know that the song as a whole would be that reminiscent of
Hendrix, it was just just the riff I was thinking of. Next time you
listen to Jaguar, see if you can spot the riff.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"John Connally's conversion to the GOP raised the intellectual
level of both parties." Frank Mankiewicz