Re: Hendrix's influence

   Actually, Pete's comment about Jimi "stealing" his act nothwithstanding,
it's always been my impression that Pete was pretty much in awe of Hendrix.  I
think this kind of comes through in his interviews, when the subject comes up.
In fact, I happen to have an interview with Pete here, where he says of Jimi,
"I loved him very much," and "I was a stone supporter of his work.  I was like a
press machine on his behalf."  So I don't really see any antagonism from Pete
about Jimi knicking a bit from him.  And I think it's easy to see that Pete
(like most other London guitarists at the time, apparently) was a huge
admirer of Jimi's guitar playing.  Fender even talks about how Jimi's use of
the Stratocaster really put it over the top- it wasn't a hugely popular guitar
then.  I think Pete may have been one of many who picked up a Strat because of
Jimi Hendrix.

                                                    M.M.