Re: Hendrix's influence

   Actually, I believe Pete was still using Strats on the '68 tour.  The
earliest recorded instance I've ever seen of Pete using an SG is the Rolling
Stones Rock and Roll Circus footage.  As for the difference in sound between
Monterey and the '68 stuff, I believe this comes almost entirely from the fact
that Pete wasn't using his usual Marshalls (unlike Hendrix).  He was using
rented Vox's that just didn't quite deliver the goods.  This was not a problem
on the '68 tour.

                                                       M.M.