Trading Legit CDs

I have a little secret that all of you should know about.  Almost every
record store I've gone to will let you trade your old CDs for nice new
remastered ones.  It doesn't always work, but most of the time you'll get an
upgrade for free, and you don't have to worry about old inferior CDs hanging
around.  It's worked on all the WHO remasters so far (just got the new Tommy
for free last week), and every Led Zeppelin remaster when they came out.  The
only catch is if you bought them from a record club (BMG, etc...).  Most have
a special label that the clerks recognize as not being from that store, and
then the gig is up.  I hope this is not already common knowledge, and will
help some people save money.  If anyone wants to pay me back, I'll take a
copy of Pure Rock Theater...

-Matt