No Subject

WFang01@aol.com wrote:

Gary, re:

>to suggest that the Who had no interest in it at all is ludicrous.  This
album was incredibly important and influential to everyone at that time in
one way or another.

hMMM... I don't know. I listened it to it once and thought it was a piece of
<Picard>. Pete Townshend has a long history of "concept" pieces, dating back
to "A Quick One While He's Away" and most recently, "Psychoderelict". Other
than a few early songs, perhaps like "The Kids Are Alright", & their early
R&B influences, The Who really became their "own band" and tried more to do
their "own" thing, rather than "copy" someone else's.

-wf
I find myself unable to comment on the first part of that, since I haven't
a clue what a "piece of <Picard> is.  Although based on the fact that you
have only heard that album once, that seems to rather relegate you opinion
to the realm of ignorance on this particular subject.

There's an incredible  distance between suggesting that the Beatles influenced
the Who and your statement that they weren't trying to "copy" anyone.  I am
sure that there was an influence there; to claim that there wasn't is totally
ludicrous.

Gary