Re: No Subject

I'm afraid I have to totally agree with Jon Karesh's statements about a lack
of marketing for the MCA reissues.

I saw a total of one magazine ad for the "30 Years" box set and have seen no
pure advertisements for any reissued album.

The only press the reissues get is when they are reviewed, which, thankfully,
has been pretty often.

I don't understand why the media is not blitzed with Who marketing
strategies.  I know they've never been the most popular band in the world,
but I think a lot of people are missing out on some monumental music.  The
Beatles are certainly enjoying the new hype given their Anthology CDs...

Even more discouraging is the lack of radio play given some of the previously
unreleased material.  I guess even unreleased "Dinosaur Rock" is still not
alternative or cutting-edge enough for most rock stations.

Please let me know if I've been living in a box out here in SF or not, but I
think my comments are on the mark here...

BTW, does anyone know how many copies the reissues have sold so far?  Not
that MCA would inform us or anything....

Dan Senesky
Oakland, CA