This and that

Last night I heard on Q 107 that new cover of Leaving Here, the old Alan
Toussaint song the Who covered way back when: it`s a dead ringer for the
Who`s version, all goofy energy with those simple but effective PT chord
changes and phrases - but the vocal is pretty strained, even allowing that
they wanted it to sound amateurish. Is this version really by Pearl Jam?
That`s what the announcer said. Is that Vedder on vocal, or someone else?
They should`ve got Rog to do it. Re the commercially unreleased studio
version of Young Man Blues, can someone describe what it`s like? WF? Does it
bear the same relationship to the LAL version that the studio Heaven and
Hell does to the live versions released, i.e., is relatively tame? Also, I
didn`t know Baby Don`t You Do It was edited for the WN reissue. What do the
omitted parts sound like, are they eg. repetitive riffing, or something
which really should have been released? Finally, does anyone like the bursts
of static and feedback edited out of the original  recording right at the
end of th  My Generation on the original LAL, but left in on the re-issue?
At first I liked the edit because itseemed to make for a tighter, more
dramatic finale, but now I like it the original way........Gary M.