Re: New Guy, Roger94, John's Tour, Tommy, etc...

>        As for John, I saw him last Sunday in Toronto.
Did you see him drop the Buzzard?

> I will have a review
>ready for John's page soon, but the jist of it is that it was a great show,
>especially if you appreciate the man and his abilities. His band has a bit
>to be desired, but what can you do. I'd also love a copy from this tour (not
>this show though as the sound was terrible) so if someone wants to tree
>one...
I got one. It's from a crummy pocket recorder, but I EQ'd it to my best so it
is tolerable to fair now. It is from West Chicago on Feb 9. Let me assure,
this
was a loud show. My ears rang for 10 hours afterwards.

>        One more note. I also have a Pete show from New York on video from
>his last solo tour (I can't spell the album name without looking at it). I
>assume it's not rare as I tapes it from TV, but if someone can confirm this
>for me. I also taped Roger on Letterman. Looking forward to talking Who.
>                        Mike
OK then, here's my list:
I recommend:
Accept No Substitute (yes, I know it's off speed, but it's still great)
Maximum BBC
Shakin' All Over
The Tommy Demos
The Lifehouse Demos
San Francisco 1971 (poor quality boot, but a great show)
The Punk Meets the Godfather
Merry Christmas Mr. Who (I beg to differ)
and Life with the Moons (good quality and humorous too)
Such a Night
Pure Rock Theater

Stay away from:
Cobo Hall 1972
Moon Life
Who's Back (Max BBC has most of it with much better quality)

and I am indifferent towards:
BBC Files
>From Lifehouse to Leeds (most of it is commercially availible now)
Taking the Capitol
Pinball Wizard
Live in Essen (also known as RockPalast)
Shea Stadium 1982
Talkin' Bout Their Generation (interview only with a fraudulant cover, no
Keith)
The Farewell Tour
Join Together Vol. 2
Live at Swansea