Re: LAL recording techniques

>I don't know about JG's guitar but I know Phil Lesh's bass had each string
>to it's own amp. But he was using active Alembic pickups in the bass in '74.
>The first Alembic bass didn't come until 1971. Now, of course, the LAL
>recording could have been made using direct signals from the guitars through
>preamps...

The odds are (and I didn't mention it because I didn't know definitely if it
was the case) that Jerry's strings were also individually amped...makes
sense; otherwise how could they get them to their speaker? You might recall
the speaker set-up they used on that tour...that huge round wall `O speakers.

                Cheers                     ML