LAL part 1274, Lively discussions, and the Beatles Anthology

I'll spend very little time on the last bit.

I always thought the echo sounded so clean on LAL that it was artificial
(but good, nonetheless).  I can believe that it's real, but if so, they
had exceptionally nice acoustics to send it back to the stage mikes so
cleanly.  And it's quite a bit of delay for such a small hall.... Even with
the delay=2x length of the hall.

Re:  Recording "off of the soundboard".... Well, as a bare minimum, they'd
have to have an "unmixed, unequalized" split of each channel which then would
hafta be fed into an entirely different mixing board.  If they were antiseptically thorough about the whole thing, it'd be different mikes and mixing board
for the tape.  Miking types and positions are asked of differently for recording and live amplification.  I mean, the whole chain is involved:  Microphone
type, positioning, mixing board type, recording medium, etc..... If you hafta
run lockstep with any one of these (of course recording medium excluded),
then it's gonna compromise the recorded sound.  I think the finished product
(i.e., remaster) has a damned fine sound.  Little is lacking, except to me
the bass is sometimes hyper-clean and sometimes muted.  This may well be
Entwistle, whereby the record is basically perfect.

Regarding leads at Leeds:  I quote Mozart's response to Salieri when Salieri
said there were too many notes in Mozart's composition: " (go see the movie) "

I like the pure rawness of the Woodstock leads for See Me Feel Me, and Summer-
time Blues.  I like the smoother, evolved leads in Live at Leeds.  I like
the raw ones at the London Coliseum (is this right?) and like the smoother,
jazzier version at Leeds.  I thought the one for this song at IOW kinda lost
direction.  Off and on, then...

My experience for some of the flamage has been this:  Fur starts flying, and
once, and if, everyone settles down, it's a catalyst for some smart, and
thoughtful idea exchange.  If it doesn't settle down, then of course this is
not the case.

I`ve heard the Beatles Anthology part Deux, and while I had a lot of the
stuff on previous boots, I found the audio quality on most to be stunning.
I'll take the critique of this offline, from anyone, but WF, have you heard
it yet and what do you think of it? (forgot whether you are much of a Beatles
fan or not)...

Jeff