Leeds sound

MIchael Mullins writes:

[snip description of onstage miking techniques]

   I hope I've explained this lucidly enough.  I just assumed that,
barring
some weird set-up particular to the Leeds recording, that it was a given
that this is THE way you record guitars.  Is there anybody else on the
list here who actually plays guitar live that would like to jump in here
with
me on this?  I could, of course, be wrong, but I'm 99% sure that I'm not.
 And
thanks for paying attention to my rambling discourse!  Whew!
<<<

You are absolutely correct.  If it were possible to get that sound out of
the mixing board, there wouldn't be a need for HiWatts.

OK,
KLW