Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 79

wf Wrote:
>What
>your "censor friend" also may be doing is deleting posts that disagree with
>"his" opinion.

        Knowing him and knowing the list has about 3000 members, I can say
that it is nearly a full time job for him, and he is quite good at his job.
I would not, however, suspect him of something so nefarious. He's quite
plain when his opinion is not the same as that of the poster. I'm not
suggesting censoring anything, and I don't feel he does, but a stronger hand
in directing the list prompts more people to post and allows for a greater
diversity of posts. Deleting 100 line flame rants saves space and allows
others to post without feeling like they will be a target of such a flame,
and stopping an ongoing thread where people started discussing a pair of
chord changes and are now arguing points of the bible, also saves a lot
space for far more productive discussion (and of course I'm exaggerating the
point). Though, there might be need for a splinter group. One list dedicated
to the Who only and one dedicated to a 'meet and greet' fans list.