Keith Moon & Steve Martin

  On  20 Mar 96 21:31:02 EST  "John G. Niedzwicki" <73044.12@compuserve.com>
put forth the proposition:

>>If I remember correctly, there is a skit in TKAA or some other
retrospective
which featured Steve Martin as the manager of a hotel for Rock Stars, with
Keith
Moon as a "typical guest"...this probably came from SNL, someone out there
must
know.<<

  Yes, it was shown in TKAA (during the Keith Moon "Cobwebs & Strange"
section I think) but the source of that clip is one of the all time lows in
Rock & Roll Television. The very first Rolling Stone Magazine television
special - created to celebrate some milestone for Rolling Stone. Picture the
worst old fashioned TV variety show possible and then drop another two or
three notches. A chorus line of dancers in strawberry costumes dancing to a
MOR version of Strawberry Fields Forever?! If anybody can find a copy of that
show, it might be worth having as an example of classically bad television.
It made Mel Brooks' "Springtime For Hitler" look like Shakespeare!

  I sat through the whole thing thinking "it's GOT to get better...it must be
a joke". It didn't and it wasn't. Thanks for reminding me...I think. 8-)