The Who's "Tommy"

Hi everyone,
	I was just reading my local newspaper (Richmond Times-Dispatch)
where they were listing concerts coming to the Virginia Beach
Amphitheatre.  They listed The Who's "Tommy" as coming on June 22.
Does anybody know exactly what this is?  Is there some group
travelling around performing the musical at outdoor venues?  Are they
associated with the other travelling shows?  I was a little suprised
to see it being performed at an outdoor venue for one night only.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Christian