Re: SNL

>While watching a Saturday Night Live rerun on TV, I noticed that the Weekend
>Update (Dennis Miller) was introduced by part of the song "Won't Get Fooled
>Again" and I wondered if the Who or any of the Who members ever appeared on
>the show. It would seem likely, but I have never heard of that being the
>case. Anyone know?

>Athena

Dennis Miller's favorite band is the Who.  I'm very sure the band- together
or separately- never appeared on SNL.  However, on Dennis'  1992 syndicated
talk show, Roger made an appearence that was very memorable.  After he
performed his tune he came over to do panel w/ Dennis and as a joke proceeded
to smash Dennis' desk.  Dennis smashed the acoustic guitar Roger claimed he
was going to sing "Behind Blue Eyes" on.
You could tell it was a highlight in Dennis' TV career.
Later,
Chad.