Re: LAL

>>I say: take
>>all your 1971 SF Bargains, 1969 London Coliseum`s YMB, and even the
>>Woodstock performances, and they don`t hold a candle to the original or
>>expanded LAL (although careful listening has convinced me that the "new"
> LAL
>>tracks are slightly inferior to the tunes on the original album, thus
>>explaining no doubt the original track selection)......... Any thoughts?

Oh please, that's a pretty naive statement.  You're saying the Who aimed for
or prepared to make Leeds the best live show of their career.  You can hold
1000 candles to Leeds' Heaven and Hell and it won't compare to the
incredible Townshend solo at Tanglewood five months later.   Sparks also
doesn't compare to the Woodstock version, because John has his bass solo set
perfectly (plus the Townshend showmanship before the bass solo, not like
Leeds).  Summertime Blues from Woodstock is also the best version recorded,
without question.  Not only is the band locked tight, but Keith accents
Pete's solo near the end unlike any other.

The truth to this is that since the Who were one of those magical live
bands, it's hard to say "yeah that was THE night".  Leeds is certainly in
the top five, but please don't limit yourself because I've heard better.