Re: SNL

Athena writes:

<<I wondered if the Who or any of the Who members ever appeared on
the show. It would seem likely, but I have never heard of that being the
case. Anyone know?>>

I don't think any Who members ever performed musically on SNL.

In 1975 or 1976 Entwistle (more specifically,  John Entwistle's Ox) were
scheduled to appear as special musical guests on SNL.  I wasted many SNs that
year at home in front of the tube awaiting a performance which was never
realized.

A retrospective on SNL was published recently which listed all of their musical
guests through the years, no Who members were included.

If I remember correctly, there is a skit in TKAA or some other retrospective
which featured Steve Martin as the manager of a hotel for Rock Stars, with Keith
Moon as a "typical guest"...this probably came from SNL, someone out there must
know.

J.