Re: On Growing beards

Yes, I agree that we are all pretty much saying the same thing. But to
keep beating a dead horse :-)

IMHO, Townshend is not referring so much to left/right politics as he is
to young/old or new ideas/old ideas. The growing beards refer to the idea
of a graybeard (old man). Although, the previous line of "a parting on
the left ..." does support Marshall's view. Maybe Townshend meant it
all these ways. Of course, I think we can all agree it's a great song!

Paul Carter:   <carter@aix1.ucok.edu>    University of Central Oklahoma
GAT d@ -p+ c++(++++) l++ u++ e+++ m+ s-/- n-@ h--- f+ g+ w+ t++@ r- y?