Re: Censorship!

Mark, re:

>>> While I agree with you completely, and would rather put up with the notes
than not have a free forum, I do believe that posters should show a bit of
self restraint and keep the reason for the forum in mind. It may be everyone's
right to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater, it's not very nice when you know it
causes people to hurt themselves getting out of there. We should definitely
"police ourselves" before someone else comes along and decides to do it for
us. Keep in mind that most laws are in place because someone abused a
privilige at some point or anther. And so the innocent suffer for the guilty.
Me, I think that there are FAR too many laws and restrictions as it is. So I
do what I can to make sure than _I_ don't cause any more to come into being.
Subjects will get far afield from time to time (and so it should be), but
there are places that need not be visited.

     At the risk of driving everyone raving mad, I just wanted to let you know
I appreciate your comments.  I do feel your analogy is a _bit_ off-base;
yelling fire in a crowded theatre, which could cause pandemonium, is not
exactly the same as posting a message, which could be deleted.  I agree some
of the messages are "not very nice".  I just feel so strongly about
the issue of censorship that I had to make a statement about it.  Excercising
self-restraint is preferable, but of course individual standards will differ,
and of course not everyone will be happy, no matter what.
     I just wanted to also say I agree completely that there are FAR TOO MANY
LAWS and RESTRICTIONS as it is!!!  (An understatement).  I hate that everyone
has to live with the standards of the "Lowest Common Denominator" -- it sucks.

     Anyway, due to (apparent) popular demand, this will be the last time
I post anything about this topic UNLESS someone wants to respond... otherwise,
I will certainly discuss it via private E-mail if someone wishes to do so.
Humble thanks to all for your patience.

                gary m.