Quad Tapes

>From what PT said in "The Naked Eye", they have "equalized copies" of the
>originals, which he claims are "muddy and flat" (not direct quotes). And,
if
>that's the case, I have a feeling that is what MFSL used, as that's how I
>would describe the "gold" "Quadrophenia"...

MFSL probably got their tape from Pete, so if that's all he had, that's all
they had.  I certainly wouldn't describe the MFSL gold Quad as muddy,
though they've made many a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Even if the original mixdown tape is lost, at least they have the
multitracks and were able to remix the album.