Re: Talmy and My Generation

>The kids listening to Green Day and
>Nirvana and Live and Pearl Jam and Oasis only know The Who from their
>Seventies incarnation; they probably have no idea that The Who were
>hitting it this hard in 1965.

Amen brother!!
  I've been a Who FANATIC since i Can't Explain fell on my 10 year old ears
in '64 (along with You really got Me), & i kinda lost them at Tommy.  It's
interesting to listen to everyone talk about how wonderful Quad is - never
liked it.  As someone who worships the 2 1/2 minute single, felt most of
their Magic bus stuff was too "bloated" (though still liked LAL).

best, GaryM