Re: Oh yeah? Well you're a dodo head!

>short mailing in support of this, just to get the point across.  I believe I'm
>not in the minority here. (Please don't mention names, issues, specifics, I
>don't want to start another pointless insulting match.  Just write that you
>would 'appreciate it if the name calling stopped' or someting to that effect.)
>
>     Actually, PDooger, I believe you are correct...you are probably not the
>minority.  But does anyone really want to be connected with the "Moral
>Majority"?
>     I'm sure your intentions are good.  And, in fact, I remember you had
>posted that Who-related Bibliography.  That was excellent!  I just don't
>like the idea of any kind of censorship, in any form, except for
>self-censorship (whatever that means!)  So, while you have good intentions,
>and while the idea of "restricting" what is posted may be in theory a "good"
>idea, please keep in mind what the next step is.  First "they" say you
>shouldn't post anything bad about anyone else.  Then "they" say you can't
>post anything about something else.  Pretty soon "they" tell you you can't
>post anything.  Believe me, regulating ideas is a scary thing. I understand
>and respect where you are coming from on this issue -- please think about
>where I am coming from.

>better place.
>
>     I think the best place is a free forum, warts and all.  I continue to
>think so.
>
>                gary m.

To all:

        Could everyone please just lighten up!  Nobody is talking about
taking provisions to limit the Constitution here!  If any positive or
negative changes occur because of people who speak out on this issue, it
would be due to PRIVATE action, not PUBLIC action.  There is no "they" on
the mailing list, just "us."  If any one of "us" is displeased with
anything or anyone on the list, he or she can rightly express that opinion.
If it comes out like "he shouldn't say that" or "they shouldn't do that,"
it is only an OPINION.  Otherwise, it doesn't mean jack, because no
individual has any more power than anyone else.  Everyone also has the
right NOT to express their opinion, a right certain people should exercise
more often, particularly people who like to plague The Who mailing list
with insulting idle chatter.

                                                                    Stacey