favorite solos; JAE photos

(Nice thread, Gary!)
My favorite PT solos must be qualified by the statement that so much of
Pete's live style spans the grey area between rhythm and lead - I'd cite
almost anything off Leeds as an example, but especially the heavy riffing
in Young Man Blues and My Generation.  For pure live single note solos,
it's hard to beat the ending of the Roadrunner/Join Together/MyGen Blues
from TKAA, where the camera is focused on his face.  Pete is clearly in
another world, and his playing is the picture of raw intensity.
 Definitely goose-bump material.  Studio, I'd have to agree that Join
Together is great, plus all the Quad theme reprisals in "The Rock" and
"Quadrophenia" (the song).  The solo in the long version of "The Kids Are
Alright" is also golden, but I don't think any of them can come close to
that machine-gunning single note in "I Can See For Miles..."  That one
turns me inside out *every* time.

About photos and the JAE Tour, I had the fortune of getting a photo pass
for the Santa Cruz show, and the tour manager Billy still restricted me
to photos during the first three songs, even though I wasn't using a
flash.  These photos will soon be added to the Web page, God willing.

I personally could use less "entertainment" in the form of personal
attacks amongst list members.  I don't mind the occasional sarcastic
comment (always present in "families" such as ours), but long posts are
truly a waste of bandwidth/time.  Perhaps there should be a newsgroup
started for that sort of thing:

alt.insult.yeah-well-you-suck-so-there

Just a thought...

OK,