Smashed Bass or... JAE/Toronto 3/17/96

An interesting show... apparently John and band were getting annoyed by the
lighting guy, (he thought he was "clever" by turning off the stage lights
in-between the songs--even after the band repeatedly told him to leave the
lights on...) and some sound problems on stage, John took his red buzzard and
dropped it horizontally to the floor, breaking it into three pieces! All this
took place right after "Love Doesn't Last"... John then pulled out a nice
green buzzard for "Under A Raging Moon", but it seemed to sound funny--as if
it were producing "sour" notes...

Anyway, from the front center of the next to the stage, the sound coming off
the monitors, to the audience sounded pretty good, with the vocals being a
bit low in the mix, but not as low as previously. Apparently, there were
other problems out through the main speakers, as people in the far back were
complaining about hearing nothing but a loud feedback sounding "whine"...

>From my perspective, it was a good show. I really enjoyed their version of
"Under A Raging Moon" even with John's sour notes and from what Steve said
after the show, a misadjusted bass pedal, which he felt significantly
decreased his performance. I couldn't hear it, and felt he did an outstanding
job...

The only merchandise available for sale in Canada, are the tourbooks and
CDs...

The tour WILL be continuing through the beginning of April, with dates to be
announced, including possibly another NYC date... (stay tuned)

The set list was:

Heaven & Hell
Had Enough
Success Story
Trick Of The Light
Brdiges Under The Water
The Real Me
Love Doesn't Last (just like the red buzzard)
Under A Raging Moon
Boris The Spider
Life After Love
My Wife
Last Song
Summertime Blues

Encore:

Long Live Rock (played slower than previous shows)
Shakin' All Over

-wf