Re: no life

WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> Elvis, re:
>
> >Isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?
>
> I can't really say. I've never heard cooking utensils speak!
>
> >By responding at length in a public place with such petty flaming you are no
> better than any of the people that attack you.
>
> (I wouldn't exactly say, "no better" :) ) Actually, that's not really true.
> Most of the "flaming" that I receive is done from "anger and rage"--people
> losing the ability to communicate rationally and then taking things WAY too
> personally & seriously. As a result, "the personal attack". I (and many
> others here)  find this behavior endlessly amusing and for amusement
> purposes, encourage it. I also wonder about people's abilities in "real life"
> if they can't seem to handle themselves "electronicly"...
>
> While you may not quite understand it (or me for that matter), that's OK,
> too. Look, some people like a "Howard Stern type" sense of humor, others
> don't.
>
> >> Besides if you are going to be the resident list-geek you have to take
> flame attacks in stride and rise above it.
>
> You're probably 95% correct in your thinking. However, if other people want
> to make fools out of themselves with these "attacks" towards me (and I help
> them along), I obviously don't have a problem with it. Some people do. Just
> like some people don't like "It's Hard", other's do. It's your right to think
> that I exercise poor judgement, but it's my right to think otherwise.
>
> What I find most amazing, is the people like "Scooter" (apologies to the few
> others who shall remain "nameless"), who keep coming back for more. Obviously
> people very angry, yet doesn't even have the foggiest idea that I could
> really care less and mistakes my "attention" for overreacting "in kind".
>
> I receive a LOT of e-mail from people on the list, regarding "trades",
> meeting at shows, opinions, having fun at "Scooters" expense, etc. However,
> one of the most "profound" examples, was from a nice person, who has posted
> something to the list, and nobody responded. As a result, the person had
> mixed feelings about the people here, etc, etc. I encouraged this nice person
> to continue posting as he/she will find a "nitche" in the new neiborhood...
>
> I'm sure posting to this list can be intimidating for many people, especially
> the newcomers who don't know what's going on, "the rules" (as if there are
> any?) or even what to think (entering into the latest "Scooter Wars") and,
> having someone like me posting somewhat sarcastic replies to obviously
> extremely stupid comments. (ie "Down with Q101! Down with Q101!" or "I wonder
> if they'll have a different tourbook cover in Canada?") However, not that
> it's my place to say, but I strongly encourage EVERYONE to post to this
> "list". Perhaps if that were to happen, *I* can then post less... If the
> worst thing that can happen in your life is that I MAY say something
> [...]

That's it, no need for this in a public forum.  I quit.  There isn't enough
information here to justify childish behavior, and clog up my e-mail.  I
suppose you should just rename the list to flamers anon., or the WF show, or
something.  Sorry to post this publicly, but as I said, I for one have had
enough.

Fletch