Re: no life

Elvis, re:

>Isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

I can't really say. I've never heard cooking utensils speak!

>By responding at length in a public place with such petty flaming you are no
better than any of the people that attack you.

(I wouldn't exactly say, "no better" :) ) Actually, that's not really true.
Most of the "flaming" that I receive is done from "anger and rage"--people
losing the ability to communicate rationally and then taking things WAY too
personally & seriously. As a result, "the personal attack". I (and many
others here)  find this behavior endlessly amusing and for amusement
purposes, encourage it. I also wonder about people's abilities in "real life"
if they can't seem to handle themselves "electronicly"...

While you may not quite understand it (or me for that matter), that's OK,
too. Look, some people like a "Howard Stern type" sense of humor, others
don't.

>> Besides if you are going to be the resident list-geek you have to take
flame attacks in stride and rise above it.

You're probably 95% correct in your thinking. However, if other people want
to make fools out of themselves with these "attacks" towards me (and I help
them along), I obviously don't have a problem with it. Some people do. Just
like some people don't like "It's Hard", other's do. It's your right to think
that I exercise poor judgement, but it's my right to think otherwise.

What I find most amazing, is the people like "Scooter" (apologies to the few
others who shall remain "nameless"), who keep coming back for more. Obviously
people very angry, yet doesn't even have the foggiest idea that I could
really care less and mistakes my "attention" for overreacting "in kind".

I receive a LOT of e-mail from people on the list, regarding "trades",
meeting at shows, opinions, having fun at "Scooters" expense, etc. However,
one of the most "profound" examples, was from a nice person, who has posted
something to the list, and nobody responded. As a result, the person had
mixed feelings about the people here, etc, etc. I encouraged this nice person
to continue posting as he/she will find a "nitche" in the new neiborhood...

I'm sure posting to this list can be intimidating for many people, especially
the newcomers who don't know what's going on, "the rules" (as if there are
any?) or even what to think (entering into the latest "Scooter Wars") and,
having someone like me posting somewhat sarcastic replies to obviously
extremely stupid comments. (ie "Down with Q101! Down with Q101!" or "I wonder
if they'll have a different tourbook cover in Canada?") However, not that
it's my place to say, but I strongly encourage EVERYONE to post to this
"list". Perhaps if that were to happen, *I* can then post less... If the
worst thing that can happen in your life is that I MAY say something
"sarcastic" to you, than you've got some major problems to deal with...

So... there you have it. Some rare intuitive insight... catch you after my
trip to Toronto...

-wf