Re:Post Moon Who

Mick McLaughlin wrote:

>For me, there is a clear sing when a band
>is going into decline....
>songs in concert focus more on hits...
>The Who By Numbers tour was the first
>where they only played a few songs
>from the new album....
>I think this shows a lack of faith...

   In a circa 1975 radio interview, in reference to Who fans being
the best, Roger stated that the fans have stuck with us through
albums like the Who By Numbers. The host commented that the album was
not really what you call a dog. Roger then made the comment that the
WBN album was very un-Who like because it was so negative. Then,
Roger kind of backed off his original statement by saying, yes, it
was a progression musically speaking.
   However, I agree with Mick---when a group puts more emphasis on
its past than its future, the group is lacking in confidence for its
future. This is not necessarily bad, maybe more of natural evolution.

                                     John