Re:Post Moon Who

JOHN J SUTTER III  wrote:

T>    For me, the last great Who album was the Who By Numbers. While I
T> like Who Are You, Face Dances, and It's Hard, and am glad the Who did
T> those albums, the magic, to me anyway, was gone. So, to me, the Who's
T> "decline" into a band that kind of lost its "edge," had begun before
T> Keith's death. The band, in my opinion, had already come full circle.
T> (Roger has used that analogy).

For me, there is a clear sign when a band is going into decline.  I have
noticed that when songs in concert focus more on the "hits" than on the
current album, that it is pretty much downhill from there.  The Who By
Numbers tour was the first where they only played a few songs from the new
album.  I think this shows a lack of faith in the album, or a knowledge
that the songs aren't up to the usually standard.  It seems like they don't
usually recover at that point.

>From my observations this is almost univerally true.  Can anyone come up
with other examples of this phenomena?  (Or refutations of it, for that
matter.)

Mick McLaughlin
mick.mclaughlin@nashville.com

    "Time is what keeps everything from happening at once."