Ira Robbins

While surfing through Chris`s Who Links (some 30 or more given, with always
something new or interesting added regularly - Chris Hinkle, is this site
yours?) I found, under "Live At Leeds Review", a review by Ira Robbins of
the expanded LAL, with mono and stereo sound clips interspersed throughout
the review. And a very perceptive and well written review it was. Side notes
indicate that Ira, who obviously still adores the Who, has written for RS
and Newsday, so clearly he is still very into popular culture and music. (No
indication was given if he is on-line). Ira`s Who knowledge is something I`d
hesitate to challenge, but he said something about the original LAL which
didn`t hit me right, namely that the album contains "intentional-bootleg
mocking noises and dropouts". Perhaps he was referring, at least partly, to
those famous crackles, but I have never heard it suggested that these or any
other non-performance sounds were DELIBERATELY added to LAL to enhance the
joking reference to a bootleg release. I can`t believe the Who would have
gone THAT far. Any comments?