RE: New Tommy CD

Got my copy yesterday and gave it a good listen.  I concur with what
others have said.  Astley and company have done a fine job.  Clarity
is enhanced and "new" things can be heard.

One thing I've heard that others haven't mentioned yet occurs during
the song Christmas.  After Daltry concludes two sections of verse
followed by two sections of chorus (Working from memory here) (i.e.
verse, chorus, verse, chorus) the song halts and quiets itself just
before Townshend sounds a chord followed by "Tommy can you hear me?"
Townshend repeats this chord/verse about six times.  The third guitar
chord he sounds here sounds unintentionally flat, and I mean flat.
Could somone on this list please confirm this or explain it in terms
of a technical defect.  If no one else hears this, then maybe my ears
are worse than I thought.  I hope I'm not turning into Tommy.  Maybe
this is the first sign.  Thanks.

Kreg Walvoord
KregW@Alcon.acu.edu